If you are reading this blog, you are probably wondering what the difference is between these two. Alot of it you probably already know...
- No more exess rack cases to carry your heavy amplifiers
- all the amplifiers are designed specifically to that speaker
- faster set up/tear down
- You must have 2 close by outlets to turn your speakers on
- Most of the time they are 10 times heavier than passive speakers
- You cannot always guarenteed that the sound quality will be as crisp
- to adjust the volume you have to go to each speaker to turn it up or down.
- Lighter Weight
- Dependable and efficent
- easier to repair if something goes wrong
- More stuff to carry around with you (Amplifiers, effects etc...)
- slower on set up and tear down
- The amplifiers you buy to power the speaker is not always the proper amount of wattage, and most cases you end up either underpowering or overpowering your speakers.
- Passive Speakers are meant to be used by an experienced sound tech..